Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Letter For My Dad

Dear Dad,

The older I get, the more I can see the influence you’ve had on my life and value of the lessons you’ve taught me. Things, that as a child seemed unfair, are now exactly what I needed to be who I am. I can see how every decision was made out of love with my good in mind. Your love for me is a reflection of the Father’s love for all His children, and I could not ask for a better picture. I would not be the woman I am today, if you were not the father you are. I just wanted to say thank you.

Thank you for not giving me everything I wanted.
Thank you for teaching me the value of hard work and earning money.
Thank you for loving me enough to tell me when my dress was too short.
Thank you for spanking me.
Thank you for making me clean my room and take responsibilities for other chores.
Thank you for being a spiritual leader to our family.
Thank you for loving God first.
Thank you for working so hard and providing for us.
Thank you for setting the bar for all other men in my life.
Thank you for teaching me how to play softball and spending hours outside practicing with me.
Thank you for spending ever Saturday of my childhood with us.
Thank you for all the camping trips, ski trips, and family vacations.
Thank you for raising me to say, “please,” “thank you,” “yes sir,” “yes ma’am,” “Mr.,” and “Mrs.”
Thank you for establishing a vision and mission for our family and making family values a priority.
Thank you for showing me what it looks like to serve others.
Thank you for teaching me that giving generously is far greater than living in wealth.
Thank you for all the special nights out and father-daughter dates.
Thank you for not giving up on my stubborn will, but persistently disciplining me.
Thank you for loving me through all my mistakes.
Thank you for encouraging me in my walk with the Lord.
Thank you for supporting me through life and guiding me through important decisions.
Thank you for investing in me.

I love you and I’m so thankful to have you as my father.

Your favorite daughter,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment